Caroline is an enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working advocate for clients. She chalked up trial experience early out of law school in commercial disputes involving breach of partnership agreements, deficient construction, and employment retaliation suits. Her well-crafted summary judgment motions were instrumental in the early resolution of a number of contract claims.
Expanding upon that solid start, Caroline moved with aplomb into commercial energy, including oil and gas, insurance, and contract disputes, where her thoroughness and diligence provide the groundwork for unique business solutions. With her engaging, hard-working and competitive nature, Caroline is an asset on any matter.
While in law school, Caroline clerked for Hall Maines Lugrin’s very own Reece Rondon while he served as Judge for the 234th Civil District Court in Harris County. It was through that experience that Caroline learned the characteristics of effective representation.
- First and second chair experience in numerous bench and jury trials, including faulty construction litigation between property owners, contractors and builders, enforcement of homeowner’s association covenants, and landlord-tenant disputes.
- Lead associate in a breach of partnership dispute involving claims of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract. Developed discovery and successfully defended against Rule 91a motions to dismiss and for summary judgment.
- Obtained numerous summary judgments in favor of clients arising out of claims for fraud, breach of contract, negligence, violations of the Deceptive Trade Practices Act, and requests for injunctive relief.
- Represented numerous employers in various employment matters, including employment discrimination and retaliation claims, drafted employment policies and guidelines, and provided day-to-day guidance regarding terminations, separations, FMLA compliance, and other labor matters.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2013 (CALI Award – Property; Articles Editor – Corporate Counsel Review; Dean’s List; Academic Merit Recipient)
- Trinity University, B.A., Political Science and Business, Minor in Spanish, 2010 (Dean’s List, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Judicial Board, Gamma Chi Delta sorority)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- CALI Award – Property (highest grade)
- Articles Editor – Corporate Counsel Review
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
Outside the Office
What I do when not practicing law
De-stressing with yoga; trying out new breweries; and visiting the dog park with our rescue, Bowie.
Favorite vacation spot
A tie between Lagos, Portugal and Cancun, Mexico.
Most satisfying professional accomplishment
Seeing the hard work done for a client pay off in a swift and favorable resolution.